You may be eligible for a temporary or permanent visa if you have business ownership management experience and/or have assets that you can transfer to Australia for investment purposes.
There are a number of visas that allow business owners or investors to migrate to Australia:
- Subclass 188 – Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa. This is a temporary visa for people who wish to:
- operate a new or existing business in Australia, or
- invest an amount (minimum AUD$1.5 million) in Australian government bonds, or
- invest an amount ranging from AUD $5 million to AUD $15 million in a complying investment fund, or
- carry out entrepreneurial activities in Australia with funding from an approved entity.
- Subclass 888 – Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa. This is a permanent visa for people who have held a Subclass 188 visa and have met certain requirements.
- Subclass 132 – Business Talent (Permanent) visa. This is a permanent visa for:
- experienced business owners who wish to operate a new or existing business in Australia, or
- entrepreneurs who have sourced venture capital funding from an approved fund and who wish to operate a new or existing business in Australia.
Business and investment visas have stringent requirements and it is recommended that you speak to a Registered Migration Agent regarding the application process and requirements. The application process can be lengthy and complex and it is not advisable to attempt to apply for a business or investment visa on your own.
If you are interested in any of these visas, please contact us to discuss how we can help you.